Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Karen's Wedding Necklace

My husband's little sister is getting married this December. Her name is Karen. She was at our house over Thanksgiving and we spent some time planning her hair-do and accessories. After thinking, talking about, and looking for the perfect necklace we decided that I should just make it. That way it can be perfect, right? Well, the problem I'm having is finding just the right beads to do what she wants. I need medium-large white drop-shaped beads. I ordered some from another Etsy dealer but they are smaller than I thought they would be (which is why I always take a picture of each piece of jewelry I list in my shop next to a ruler - so that you can get a good idea of what size things are). Anyway, I'm still searching for the perfect beads, but in the meantime I decided to see what I could make with what I've got. What do you think? (Pardon the pictures - my light box setup is in the basement where my baby is currently sleeping.)





I don't think it looks quite classy enough for a bridal necklace. It's pretty - but not spectacular. It needs some nice shiny silver somewhere. And I hate the clear drop in the middle. Blah. I guess I'll keep trying.

2 comments:

angela michelle said...

it looks especially beautiful in the last shot--which was taken with a flash? I think it needs lights to shine on it. Maybe some silver would reflect off the clear beads a little?

Nancy Clark said...

it is pretty, but i think you are right about needing some shiny silver! can't wait to see the final product!