Friday, January 30, 2009

Color Choice

I recently heard that to choose your eye makeup color you should look at a color wheel and choose a color that is opposite your eye color on the color wheel. I have blue eyes, and my favorite color eye liner that I think accents my eyes the best is a greenish khaki color. That is so NOT the opposite color on the color wheel. What IS opposite the color wheel for my eyes is red and orange. WHAT? Red or orange eye makeup? I think not. I think red or orange eye makeup would make me look stoned or half dead. But then I got to thinking about that in relation to jewelry. I look great in red jewelry (I've never tried orange...that may be a little too funky for me)! It really does bring out my blue eyes. So maybe I don't want that red on my eyes - but I still want it near them. So earrings are the answer! Red earrings!

To find out what color is opposite your eye color on the color wheel go here. That's the Wikipedia entry for color wheels and there are several examples. Then go get yourself some new earrings at Chic Made! If I don't have the right color for you, let me know. I'll make some!

1 comment:

SewsCute said...

I know that we have similar coloring so.....don't go bright orange but what about a spicey red/orange color? I love that rusty deep spice color. I bet that cleared things up for you!! LOL!!