Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wire Wrapping

Wire wrapping has been a somewhat illusive technique to me. It was one of the things I wasn't able to learn from a book or tutorial online. I've tried and tried and practiced and practiced and I kinda got it but I just couldn't really master it and get the nuances down. Until now when I found the perfect, succinct little video to teach me. Margot Potter is quickly becoming my biggest hero.

I still have some practicing and perfecting to do - but in one afternoon I feel like I made more progress than I have in the last 6 months. So, thanks Margot! (If by some miracle Margot actually visits this blog due to the fact that I linked to her blog I will be amazed and humbled and maybe a little embarrassed.)

Here are the first earrings I completed with my newly learned technique:


They are, of course, for sale at Chic Made now.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

How neat. Thanks for the link. I will have to check out that site The earrings are fabulous, by the way!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link, I've never tried wire wrapping before but I love learning how to do, well, let's be honest, EVERYTHING. :D